ITP – The Improving Teacher Programme
The Improving teacher programme is used by the National College for School Leadership that empowers teachers to consistently deliver high quality lessons. Through practical and interactive development sessions, participants will build confidence as they generate ideas and strategies on how to improve their practice.
Who is it for?
This programme is for schools and teachers, who want to advance, develop and improve their teaching practice and deliver consistently good lessons. The Improving Teacher Programme provides targeted support programme to enable teachers to deliver ‘good’ lessons more consistently. The key objectives for this programme include, developing teachers to understand the impact of the programmes’ concepts on ‘good’ teaching and learning, and be able to deliver these concepts through consistent practice.
The programme will cover the following units:
- Planning lessons
- Starter activities
- Plenary sessions
- Questioning techniques
- Engaging in learning
- Challenging learning
- A motivated teacher with the tools and expertise to succeed.
- Enhanced classroom and pupil performance
- Raised standards across the school.
- Participants will know how to deliver key concepts through consistent practice.
- An invaluable opportunity for teachers to pick up successful techniques and formulate new strategies to use in their own classrooms through observation of best practice.
The course will take place from 1.30 – 4.30 pm over 6 sessions and will be operated out of two sites, Higham Lane School in Nuneaton and The Polesworth School near Tamworth.
|Thursday||27 April 2017||Higham Lane|
|Tuesday||2 May 2017||Higham Lane|
|Thursday||11 May 2017||Higham Lane|
|Tuesday||23 May 2017||The Polesworth School|
|Thursday||8 June 2017||Higham Lane|
|Tuesday||20 June 2017||The Polesworth School|
£450 + VAT per delegate.