The Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP)
Designed by OLEVI and facilitated by our experienced school leaders and teachers at Higham Lane School and The Polesworth School, the Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP) gives good and outstanding teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding. Utilised in the London and City Challenge Projects and endorsed by the National College, the OTP has gained a national reputation for raising standards in teaching and learning.
The Improving Teacher Programme (ITP)
Delivered over 6 half day sessions at Higham Lane and The Polesworth School, the OLEVI ITP programme is open to practitioners from primary and secondary phases and provides improving teachers with in-depth coaching, tailored to a self-assessment of their teaching.
- It deepens understanding of the key elements of effective teaching and learning. Participants improve their teaching through facilitated practice, observation of colleagues and working with ‘live’ students
- It supports a wider range of teaching activities, including: planning lessons, starter activities, plenary sessions, questioning techniques, engaging in learning, challenging learning, assessment and differentiation strategies
- It supports the aims and implementation of school improvement plans
- It raises performance in the classroom , encouraging and developing innovation and creativity
- It provides pupils with the best possible learning experience.