FREE TSST Courses Cross Phase Maths, Secondary Maths, French and Physics subject knowledge enhancement for qualified teachers
The CATTS Alliance is working in partnership with Birmingham City University and the University of Plymouth to offer specific training for non-specialist teachers of Maths, Physics and French and to former teachers who are returning to the teaching profession. Whilst the Maths course is almost full, there are still a few places available for anyone who would like to join in the New Year. The next session will take place on 25 January 2017.
The purpose of this training is twofold: to improve subject knowledge and to demonstrate teaching methods.
What’s on Offer?
Who should do this course?
- Existing Teachers
- Non Subject Specialist Teacher
- Ex teachers who want to return to the teaching profession
Examples of how training might support you are:
- a PE teacher who has been timetabled with KS3 Maths from September 2017
- a Biology teacher wants to brush up on their KS4 Physics knowledge
- a maths teacher looking to return to the profession following a career break
- German teacher needs to offer KS3 French
- a Music teacher with A Level French needs to cover a Y7 French group.
- existing teachers want to refresh knowledge because the school is now offering A Level courses in these subjects.
The training is delivered free of cost to participants and is aimed at teachers with QTS who are already teaching or would like to be able to teach these subjects in any of the following categories:
- Teachers whose initial training was not in Maths, Physics or Languages and who find themselves spending a considerable time teaching those subjects
- Teachers who are returning to teaching after a career break
- Teachers from a different phase of education
Schools will receive a Bursary of £400 per candidate who successfully attends and completes these courses.