Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
We believe that HLTA status is a key step in your progression as a Teaching Assistant in our learning communities. This nationally recognised status could support progression towards qualified teacher status.
- improves confidence, self-esteem and aspirations
- provides credits towards foundation degree
- assures quality through rigorous National Standards
- enhances knowledge, expertise and skills in supporting learning
- ensures career progression for Teaching Assistants and mentors
All sessions are delivered by Facilitators from Best Practice.
Highly experienced Teaching Assistants and intervention tutors who are outstanding in their roles. It is intended to develop the potential for Teaching Assistants to have a wider impact on improving the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
The two day face to face preparation course followed by visit from external assessor to carry out the interviews and view portfolio of evidence.
£290 +VAT for 2 day course and £450 (school based assessment) for all schools
The partner allocation code is: CATTS
The partner name is listed as Community Academies Trust Teaching School
Dates and Venue
The Polesworth School
Thursday 4 October 2018 09.30 – 15.30
Thursday 29 November 2018 09.30 – 15.30